You've Got Mail

I had the urge to watch what has quickly shot up on my all time favorite movies list: You've Got Mail. Nora Ephron at her best, Tom H...


I had the urge to watch what has quickly shot up on my all time favorite movies list: You've Got Mail. Nora Ephron at her best, Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan at their cutest and New York City at its loveliest. What I love about Kathleen kelly is that she is still looking for what she feels she deserves, she is in love with all the possibilities that may or may not come her way. It's the thought that something could happen that drives her.  And she keeps going along with her life and her bookstore in hopes of things getting even better than they already are.
For those two hours or so I am lost watching Kathleen, Joe Fox and New York City. I can't help but  dream of Meg's fabulous apartment in that gorgeous brownstone, eating flourless chocolate cake at Cafe Lalo and shopping for ciabatta loaf and cheese at Zabar's. The Upper West Side hasn't looked better to me. I think it may be my favorite neighborhood this week. 


Image from Google

"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life-well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave?  So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around?
-Kathleen Kelly


Aaaahhh yes….
xoxo
Michelle

You Might Also Like

0 comments